Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Saree I designed for Me

November/December last year were crazy months for me as there were 3 of my first cousins getting married. I went crazy shopping for the weddings and all the pre and post wedding functions. Apart from all the shopping.. I had decided to make me a sari for one of the weddings. You can see some part of the beginings of the sari making process here and the final layout here.
Thats me in the sari I designed
This year another cousin of mine is getting married and I have been given the task of making a saree for her...note I sometimes like to write sari and at other times i write saree...I like both the spellings..which one do you prefer? I must start on my saree project soon!

4 comments:

  1. Kanika,your project turned out gorgeous ... love the combinations ... the orange and red and green ...love it ,love it, love it ...oh yeah now I am all excited to see what you're upto for the next one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks Rajee!
    I will be starting on my next project soon..and am thinking purple this time...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice saree...n btw i love the way u r planning your wedding right down to the smallest details..reminds me of the time i got married...good luck n hv loads of fun planning stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing such a nice stuff of Designer Saree with us . It really attracted me a lot and I bookmarked your blog for future reference.

    ReplyDelete